26 Sep Chic Styled Shoot | Folly Beach
You know all those paradise weddings you’ve seen? Those where the bride and groom are standing on a windswept beach with palms blowing in the wind and the bride’s veil flutters almost as much as her heart (sorry, had to stretch it!) … well, photographer Julie Livingston and Reagan Barnes of Events by Reagan want you to know that paradise can be yours, Charleston couples! Inspired by waterside Caribbean, Mexican, and Grecian weddings, they pulled off this stunner of a mock ceremony to let you see the possibilities. A few things to note:
- They staged the setting for a sunrise service (morning walkers on Folly Beach kept congratulating the model couple, they say).
- The went with Pantone’s fall color: Chili Pepper.
- The bouquet of fiery orchids are an update to the classic red rose version.
- Setting up seating and an aisle gives a little structure to a ceremony in the sand.
- A modest “altar” is all that’s needed to accent an ocean view.
- They suggest a smaller guest list—100 and fewer.
- Visit our list of area beaches and check out the permits that are required, plus other rules, before you get too far ahead in your planning.
Wedding Design: Events by Reagan | Florals: The Bearded Florist | Images: Julie Livingston Photography | Rentals: Ooh! Events | Custom Blankets/Draping: Veil Charleston | Bridal Gown: Emily Kotarski | Men’s Attire: M. Dumas and Sons + Brackish | Men’s Styling: Rene Barnes | Rings: Croghan’s Jewel Box